Tips for registration
When should I apply?
1. Generally speaking: the earlier you register the better are your chances to receive a room in your favourite dormitory. Please apply online. Your registration is non-binding and free of charge.
2. After your registration we’ll send you a confirmation with login details. Now you can change or update your personal information via our webpage (www.home4students.at/login ). Once a month we’ll send you an update link, so we know that you’re still interested.
3. Choose 2 of your favourite dormitories when applying. We always try to offer you a room in one of your desired dormitories. However, if your 2 choices do not match with available rooms we still offer you a room in another dormitory.
Which dormitory is the best for my needs?
You can pick your favourite dormitory out of 18 and each of them is a little different. Some of them are new and well equipped others very low-priced. Some dormitories are open all year around, whereas others close during the summer. Please select your dormitory carefully and try to match it to your needs as good as it gets.
1. In any case, go and have a look at your future home before moving in. Our dormitory supervisors are more than welcome to show you around. Please arrange an appointment during the office hours or get in touch with the dormitory manager if another time would be possible as well.
2. Our 9- and 10-month dormitories are closed during the summertime, so you have to move out by June 30th. Therefore, you don’t have to pay the monthly rent and save money. We also offer summer dormitories. In a 12 month dormitory you save the constant moving and you can stay all year long.
3. It is not possible to cancel your contract for the summer and then move in in September again. You most likely won’t get a free room, because they will be reserved for the new incoming students already at that time.
4. The location of your dormitory is another important point. Check out the distance finder. This convenient tool calculates the way from your university to the desired dormitory with public transportation.
5. Find all information regarding equipments and prices on our website. We highly recommend that you should visit the dormitory in real before moving in.
6. In most of our dormitories we can offer you a single room (single room and single room flat share). In a few dormitories the single rooms are under the administration of the dormitory residents themselves. So to say, you have to start living together in a double room before you can apply directly in the dormitory for a single room.
7. We offer all-inclusive rates: utilities, heating costs and maintenance, cleaning service according to the bill of quantity, use of the common rooms and internet (WiFi) are included.